East Jordan Plastics, Inc. is currently seeking NIGHT SHIFT Maintenance Technicians. The Maintenance Technician primary function is the safe and proper operation, maintenance and predictive maintenance of all machinery, utilities and facilities. We offer day shift training (minimum 3 months training) for those interested in the night shift positions.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Inspect machines, components, systems, and utilities to troubleshoot issues and potential safety concerns.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of production and processing machinery.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear, and diagnose malfunctions.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to ensure proper operation and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and plumbing) and repairing equipment in a timely manner.
- Fabricate and repair tooling and machines when necessary.
Qualifications & Education:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3 years of industrial maintenance experience or completion of technical degree in related field.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and welcoming to continuous improvement and change.
- Strong mechanical mindset and understanding of industrial systems, electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Fabricating/Welding experience a plus but not required.
- Experience with injection molding or thermoforming plastics preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a scheduled maintenance environment.
- Ability to read, write, email, and have basic computer skills.
- Able to use hand tools, lift 50lbs, bend, reach, squat, sit, stand, and utilize ladders.
- Night Shift Premium
- Consistent work schedule
- Uniform Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) and Pension
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.