We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Manufacturing/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer at Beaverton, MI location. The preferred candidate should have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach to problem solving and process improvement.
- Provide technical expertise in the fields of continuous sheet, multi-layer thermoforming, high speed printing, grinding equipment, filters, packing machines, palletizers, and preventive techniques.
- Provide first level assistance to plant in eliminating mechanical failures by using systematic and methodical processes to determine root causes.
- Determine and clarify additional technical needs for the facility when diagnosing complex equipment or tooling issues outside of in-house expertise.
- Identify improvement opportunities to maximize equipment life cycle and efficiency.
- Support the planning, execution and supervision of complex jobs during major overhauls and provide appropriate information on equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Collaborate with company resources in new projects and carry out design reviews on new and critical mechanical equipment to ensure maintainability.
- Advise operations in developing an optimal replacement strategy for key mechanical equipment and identify and recommend critical spare parts and follow up implementation.
- Collaborate with company resources and finance the in activities to optimize sourcing of equipment, parts, materials, and services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, CAD/Solid Works
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preventive maintenance techniques
- Project management skills and ability to use gantt chart or similar tools
- Professional communicator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 10 years’ experience in as an engineer in manufacturing plant, preferably in plastics industry
- Experience with Extrusion Thermoforming and Dry Offset Printing equipment (Preferred, not required)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment screening and authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to work out of our Beaverton, MI plant
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) and Pension
- And more…
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.